As many of you know I have taken the month of August off, some have questioned whether I did or not. The truth is I closed down my diary, took away the responsibility to answer the phones and reduced expectations from our very valuable clients by letting them know well in advance that I would be unavailable. Giving me time to:
- Take 2 weeks off with my husband & children (no work at all just lots of lovely books to read and time to reflect)
- Work very flexibly around my family
- To work on my business not in it
- To really get clear about the vision of Step by Step Listening
- Learn to blog
- Demonstrate how writing is a way of listening to yourself and it can help you find solutions
- Learn how to sell my journal guide
- Update the website.
Some may argue that is working, but hey when you love what you do it never seems like work. The above was what I wanted to have happen over the summer break and I thought as my break draws to an end. I would update you in this blog. I hope you enjoy the read.
So how did I get on?
- Time off??? We most definitely did, we had a lovely week at a French gites in southern Brittany, we saw lizards, hornets, beavers, horses kingfishers, woodpeckers and enjoyed the peace and quiet. The quiet actually took a bit of getting use to, but we all loved it and we will be going again. Check out the website for the beautiful gites we stayed in. http://www.frenchconnections.co.uk/en/accommodation/property/4773
Here are a few holiday snaps, I tried to jog, however I have decided that walking is more my style. This is Paige my daughter enjoying the lovely heated pool outside our cottage. The cottage is quite small and it made me realise, I don’t really need a big house, just a house that uses space wisely.
The church and the bakers were in the next village 1 mile away we walked everyday to get our croissants. Check out the Taylor Made Car( representing a company I am proud to show off as they truly care about their customers) That car made the 1200 mile round trip we certainly made heads turn on the autoban. So does that mean I was still working maybe?? I did meet a lovely lady in the cottage next door who is very interested in the services we offer and we are keeping in touch. Sorry it would be wrong to let an opportunity to change someones life for the better slip through my fingers just because I was on holiday lol!! Does that mean I worked??
Thanks Clare and Mike for a great break.Another couple who really care about the experience their tenants have. It was home from home Brilliant.
- Worked flexibly around the family? Definitely, the children flew to Newcastle to see my sister for a week and I was able to knuckle down and do some planning. So proud of them negotiating Newcastle airport another wobbly moment as a mum as I let go of the reins and let them be independent.( I have to confess I did shed a tear or two, I was so proud, scared and excited all at the same time) Otherwise I worked for a few hours in the morning and then chilled with the children. Have to confess that this blog has taken my attention and my son is now insisting I stop writing so we can go out. So will come back to this a bit later.
- So am I clear about my Vision Oh yes!! My Vision is Clear & Simple:
Step by Step Listening has a vision to reach every school, business and home in and around the Bridgemary Community with our Extreme Listening skills by 2015.
Demonstrating how Extreme Listening can increase profit for businesses, engage the youth and generally bring prosperity to deprived communities.
We aim to
- Be a company that is transparent as we grow we want to share our learning with our clients.
- Provide fun, flexible and easy to implement Active Listening skills sessions.
- Promote increased recognition of success and purposeful celebrations in the community
- Keep it personal and yet professional ( so had a big debate about the photos above but hey we also aim to be fun and honest)
- Keep it real.
- Establish a model that can be used in a community.
- Have I learned to Blog? You tell me..it took me a few attempts to get these pictures up. Is what I have written of interest? Only you can tell me. Does it come across professional? what do you think?
What I do know is, it was so much easier than I thought. I have put it off for months but infact it has been a great tool to communciate and get my own thoughts and ideas clear. Love it now.
Still not sure, what have you got to lose if you just try.
- Demonstrate how writing is a way of listening to yourself? I am not sure I have done that yet. However writing this blog, reading it back and being clear enough to share it with you has meant my own vision is so crystal clear now. It also helped me solve a dilemma I found myself in. As we focus our marketing on Business listening I became fearful of letting go of my family listening. Especially as this week I had had 4 referrals from past clients recommending me for mums and daughter coaching. By writing this I realised that because we have built our business on great customer service and we keep in touch with our clients I will still get referrals from them. I also remembered that:
When someone comes to me to learn to listen to their children they invariable go away more able to listen to their clients
When someone comes to me to learn to listen to their clients, they often then apply the learning at home.
So talking to you through this blog e.g writing helped me find my own solutions.
Would you like to be able to do that?
- Learn how to sell my journal guide Well I have worked out the benefits of journaling, which is as I found out earlier this month the first step in selling your product or service.
So I know that when I keep a journal and I listen to myself through writing I have:
- More energy and enthusiasm .
- More patience.
- Greater understanding of myself and my own needs
- The ability to understand and manage my emotions.
- Recognising patterns of behaviour/skills that are helpful, allowing me to make the most of that behaviour/skill in everyday life.
- Recognise behaviour/fears that hold me back giving me the opportunity to understand it and change it.
- A more positive attitude and mindset.
- Changes can be easier and more effective than ever before.
- Recognise my successes more often.
- Turns frustration into fascination.
- It can enhance my immune system, and my well being as a whole.
- Improve sleep patterns
- Help me make more positive and assertive decisions.
- It can improve my self worth, self esteem and self acceptance.
Which means in business I am more focused and I earn more, and at home I have a better relationship with my family.
So my goal now is to get the Revised New Edition Journal Guide on line by 15th Sept.
Look out for this soon
- Update website that was harder than we thought but we have given it a face lift and taken off the irrelevant details feel free to check it out. www.stepbystepcoaching.co.uk
So not bad eh……….I also took my daughter to a water sport day, walked along the beach, de cluttered my home and my mind. Built stronger relationships with my teenagers, visited family, slept in, drank too much wine, sorted my garden and on a sad but positive note I had time to deal with the loss of our lovely Jack Russell called Barney who was 16 years old and died of old age after being very poorly for a few months.
How about you, how was your Summer?
Please share with us your success stories and even things you struggle with?
Your feedback on this blog would really be appreciated, a huge thanks to those who have already given me some feedback. Please place your comments in the box below.
If you get a chance to look at the New Improved “About Step by Step Listening” that would be great.
Helen and I are back to work from the 31st August with a full day training will tell you all about the training and what we learned in the next blog. Look forward to working with the Power Group on the 1st Sept just 3 places left.